Well, I haven’t blogged as much the last couple weeks but I have been pretty busy. If you saw my earlier post about our friend JR Oliver then you know some of it. He has been moved to a rehab unit and this week actually given food. Yay! He loves food so it will definitely lift his spirits to be able to eat again. He is working pretty hard in therapy learning balance again and some movement. Since his stroke, he still has not been able to move his left side. The Lord has given us a miracle already being he is alive and his mind seems to have no effects. Please continue to pray for him and Benita.
Also, my husband and I have been working on the house. Plumbing is not as simple as it looks people!! Ha ha some of you probably know this already.
I did a few things while J was out of town this week to surprise him with upon his return. First, I spraypainted some bottles ivory to make a centerpiece for our table and also spraypainted some limbs of a couple trees to go in them. I didn’t really want to spend money on flowers and then they would be gone. Also, learned a valuable lesson about priming! (thanks Kim!)
I also made a clock out of one of our wedding pictures. I started out intending to modpodge a picture on a piece of wood, but it didn’t turn out. So I was looking for an alternative and found a picture frame to use.
I am not an experienced mod-podger so I had issue with that but then I had forgotten to check the thickness of my wood. The clock mechanism wouldn’t go through the wood. Hmmph!
Oh well live and learn!
I am in the process of making a wreath from some big vines we pulled out of the trees behind the house. It is oval and still needs a good bit of work, but I like the start of it.
The last surprise he knows about so far, is the shirt I made!! I used some light pink knit material and covered it with lace I had left over from my wedding dress.
This is the first time I have made something from scratch without a pattern for me. I have made smaller things with my imagination (it is quite active!) I used a shirt I had to trace around and make a pattern of sorts. I discovered the overedge stitch on my sewing machine! Love it! Looks like I used a serger on the seams. I also used the stretch zigzag for attaching my lace so it would have some give to it. 🙂 And lastly, I made a rosette clip for my hair to match from the lace also.
So I hope everyone has had a great week!!